In recent years, truck sales have increased over the past two years. However, these ford pick up trucks are now facing an increasing battle against Miles per gallon standards. Here at Ford Motor Company, our Ford F-150 has been the top selling truck in it’s class for 37 years, as well as being the best selling vehicle for the past 32 years in North America. The current model of the F-150 however, is going to be replaced by the all new 2015 Ford F-150. This year’s redesign is one of the most substantial in the 70 year history of the truck. Here at Courtesy Ford Lincoln, we have provided a brief look at some of the changes you can expect from this year’s model.
1. Brand New Aluminum Body: One of the biggest differences in this years 2015 F-150 revolves around the aluminum body. Usually an aluminum body is reserved for luxury cars but, is utilized in the F-150 to cut weight without sacrificing it’s class leading strength. This new aluminum body has cut the wight of the pick up truck by 700 pounds, meaning the truck uses less energy to haul its frame, meaning more energy that can be directed towards hauling extra cargo and towing. It also saves on gas.
2. Eco-Boost Engines: Several years ago, Ford introduced a turbo-charged 3.5 litre V6 engine as an environmentally friendly alternative to the traditional V8 found in most trucks. This year, Ford is adding a 2.7 litre V6 with 325 horsepower and 375 pound feet of torque. The 2.7 engine provides excellent power and drivability.
3. Electronic Display: The 2015 Ford F-150 also includes additions to it’s interior with an all new 8 inch digital My-View gauge cluster, also known as a “productivity screen”. This new display will allow the driver to configure gauges to display key info such as tire pressure, fuel economy, towing and specific vehicle specs.
4. Cameras to the Exterior of the Vehicle: Exterior cameras have become more prevalent to vehicles today, and Ford has now introduced birds eye view, 360 degree camera technology on the new F-150 making parking in tight spaces much easier than before. The new reverse cameras also give drivers the ability to guide drivers towards a trailer hitch.
5. Driver Assist Technology: The new F-150 now provides great high tech features like blind spot detection, curve control, lane keeping assist, radar cruise control, hill descent control and the Active Park Assist system. Ford is now the first company to provide full size pick up trucks with parking technology. In fact, the Active Park Assist within the new F-150 can identify a street parking space large enough to fit the truck.Back